- Administrative Team
- College Plans, Reviews and Reports
- About UKAg
- Quick Facts
- College of Agriculture, Food and Environment Facilities and Maps - Campus
- Gamma Sigma Delta Honor Society
- Past Deans
- Land-Grant Colleges and Universities
- Ag North Building Sculpture
The Land-Grant Vision: College of Agriculture, Food and Environment Strategic Plan 2009-2014
WHO WE ARE
The College of Agriculture, Food and Environment was founded as, and remains, a land-grant institution, offering access to knowledge and learning to enhance the lives of Kentuckians. The College is fundamentally interdisciplinary; we apply the biological, physical, and social sciences to challenges in agricultural, food, and environmental systems. Our work encompasses farms and forests, food and fiber, families and communities.
The College holds a unique position as the home of the Kentucky Agricultural Experiment Station and the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service. Our teaching, research, and extension programs are part of a national system that maintains a statewide presence and links local, state, and global issues.
The College will be recognized for excellence in fostering:
- learning that changes lives,
- discoveries that change the world, and
- opportunities that shape the future.
As a College, we are guided by the values underlying the land-grant philosophy:
- learning – enhancing access to educational opportunities for all;
- discovery – expanding knowledge through research; and
- engagement – collaborating with diverse institutions, communities, and people to improve lives.
A hallmark of our work is the integration of these three values – learning, discovery, and engagement – into programs that make a difference.
The mission of our College is:
- to promote sustainable farming and food systems, from production through consumption;
- to enhance health and well-being of people and the environment in which they live; and
- to expand economic opportunity by sharing the knowledge and tools for wise, innovative uses of natural resources and development of human potential.
As full partners in the University of Kentucky and in every Kentucky county we:
- facilitate lifelong learning, informed by scholarship and research;
- expand knowledge through creative research and discovery; and
- serve Kentuckians by sharing and applying knowledge.
The College shall honor, sustain and advance the land-grant heritage and mission.