University of Kentucky College of Agriculture

Faculty Emeriti

How do I become a faculty emeritus?

No action is needed on your part.  You become faculty emeritus upon your retirement as a tenured faculty member and the BOT action regarding the retirement.  See AR 2:1-1, pp. 3-4, for additional information.

How do I join the Association of UK Emeriti Faculty?

Members of the association should be in touch with you regarding membership.  For more information about the association, see

To be a professor emeritus of UK, one must retire from UK as a tenured faculty member.  Faculty teaching at UK, moving to another institution, then retiring are professor emeriti of those other institutions. Use emeritus when referring to men, and emerita for women. Emeritae is the plural feminine form; emeriti is plural for a group of men, or a group of men and women. This is an honorary title that corresponds to that held last during active service.


For information, contact Dr. Lisa Collins, Assistant Dean for Academic Administration, or Brooke Stone, Administrative Support Associate.